clamp meter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Ive purchased a clamp meter and now need a line separator so I can read current on appliances etc but cannot find anything on ebay, can anybody let me know what the proper name is for them so I can find them please

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I have always had to make my own patch leads to speed up inspection and testing I had a whole box full of different leads.

Maybe today there is a problem with insurance for not type tested leads and testers? For many years I used a 110v plug I had made to test there was an earth and two lines but now there are type tested ones so mine is no longer used.

But with for example a 13A supply there are plug in testers which measure the current, voltage, wattage and even power factor which are very cheap so no need to use a clamp on meter.

Never used an “Open Jaw” type and I suppose there is a problem with it measuring current in the wrong wire but I have also had problems getting my jaws closed so can see the point.

But with all test equipment it requires the used to know what he is doing so often there is not going to be ready made aids. Often the test leads provided are not to GN38 for example. The ones shown do seem to have right tips but are they fused? Why have leads rated 10A when the meter does not use the leads for measuring amps?

I have questioned why leads for a clamp on meter need to be fused. I suppose in case they are used with another meter!

If you can't make your own leads then this
21nCnZ-pAHL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
would be a better option.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back