Classic FF350 Boiler - just stopped working!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Ideal Classic FF350 boiler which just stopped lighting up. One minute it was ok the next it just "died".
The electric power is on, the gas is on, the room stat and timer are all ok but the boiler just wont light.
Should there be a pilot light visible through the viewing window? There isn't one visible.
If there should be and it's gone out, how do I re-light it?

It's getting cold :( .
Any help appreciated, thanks.
PainterMan

Sponsored Links
Could be the overheat stat has tripped??

Bottom section of case comes off and its on the RHS

although you might reach it by just hinging down the front door.

is the pump running, if not it could be motorised valve problem

There is no permanent pilot light. Check through sight glass if you can see faint blue spark. This will at least prove power to boiler. If you don't see spark check the o/heat reset button hasn't tripped on RH side of control cover. If you see spark then it could be pilot injector blocked. In any case boiler is repairable

Sponsored Links
Wow! What service.

Problem solved.
It's getting warmer already :D .

Thanks for your all your advice - it was the overheat stat had tripped.

Again thanks to you all.

PainterMan

Reduce you boiler stat if it up to max

it may be going slight out of calibration and allowing the temp up to 90

also it could be a mot valve sticking on which will keep your boiler running when it shouldn't be

good luck

"""also it could be a mot valve sticking"""

Whats an "MOT" valve?

Tony

That reminds me, I must get an MOT for the car!

My ideal boiler lights for 5 seconds then turns off. I cannot get the boiler to re-ignite unless I power everything down for 20 minutes, then again it will only ignite for 5 seconds before turning off.

Any suggestions or ideal servicemen recommendation for the Warwickshire Coventry area ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back