Clay pipe broken to drain - fix?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am connecting a 110mm pvc to clay pipe and the connection of the clay pipe to the drain itself has failed, which I guess is fairly common. Essentially it is intact, it is just the the larger "collar" type connection which is still connected to the drain. I can set it against the collar, and essentially its a good fit, but still broken. What the best course of action. My thought would be to do a 5/1 cememt mortar and pack it below in and substantially around the joint? Advice appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Be better if you could dig a bit more out, and expose some of the pipe beyond that collar. Make a cut through the pipe to remove the collar, chamfer the edges of the cut and join to that. Sand/cement joints are not advised, may leak and can cause potential for blockages, especially on a foul run.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back