Clay Pipe

Sponsored Links
Lol, compared to the neighbours install it really is a work of art!

It was only when I was repairing a fence post that I noticed the neighbours identical wire stapled against it, otherwise I'd be querying this would you all also!

virgin duct is usually green. Black is usually electricity.

Black cable is also commonly electricity. Is it about the thickness of your finger, and shiny?

But a DIY duct is often done in what's handy, e.g. rainwater downpipe is often black.

Virgin cable (that I've seen) is brown "shotgun" cable shaped in cross-section like or sometimes like 8

Thanks for the info John.

As it was the exact same wire as next door, I stopped worrying about it. Like you say it could be a DIY job as I doubt Virgin would have dug underground to the extent. I might catch up with the neighbour and check if he knows what it might be.

I’ve an attached an image, it’s the same wire but in black.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• cable.jpg
    cable.jpg
    339.4 KB · Views: 102
Sponsored Links
I just realised the pipe is being fed by the gutter downspout/pipe.

Question is, how best to protect the pipe? It won't suffer any real weight...would laying concrete around the pipe help at all?

I just realised the pipe is being fed by the gutter downspout/pipe.

Question is, how best to protect the pipe? It won't suffer any real weight...would laying concrete around the pipe help at all?
Given it's leaking/broken you have missed the boat on protecting it from damage and now should replace the pipe and ideally dig out deeper. Unless you're using it as a soakaway. You won't really get a better opportunity than this to sort it out!

Regarding the concrete it's not recommended in case of movement and you're supposed to lay it on gravel to allow it to flex slightly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back