Clay soil pipe repair.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Helped the girlfriend dad unblock a sewage drain last night, turned out to be unblockable , when we dug up the apropriate place in the garden the clay pipe had collapsed and was full of roots and soil, luckily its only this one metre long section that was damaged.

Just wondering how you would go about repairing it? section of plastic pipe with a coupler on either end?

Sponsored Links
yes,get the rubber couplers with the jubilee clip on them.muct easier to fit than slip collars.slide both couplers over the new plasti section of pipe,locate pipe,slide couplers equally over clay pipe and tighten.get the plastic to clay couplers,theres several different ones for diff pipe diameters,sorted.

Sounds straight forward, do you need to cut the flange off one of the clay pipes or you just just get a different sized coupler for one side?

I've often wondered what a 10cm x 3metre long turd would look like coming out of a broken soil pipe under the pressure of a large volume of water, now I know :LOL:

yes,cut the flanges off,but do you have a disc cutter or pipe cutter to hand????.

dont over tighten the couplers as the clay pipes may be brittle.

Sponsored Links
Yeah i've got a 4" and a 9" grinder with the apropriate blades to hand.

Cheers for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back