Clean up pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, should be a straightforward question this... I've core drilled through a 500mm+ stone wall for new incoming water supply @ 15mm. Do I need to sleeve the pipe outside? Do I need to sleeve the pipe in the wall?

Internally, the pipe goes in the concrete floor in places, and I have sleeved it with economy insulation.

Perhaps someone can suggest how I can clean up these pipes for neatness? Any help appreciated, as always

Sponsored Links
I dont really understand what those photos are showing.

It is also surprising that you did not ask for advice BEFORE starting work.

What I can say is what the water regulations require.

That is that the pipe enters the building 750 mm minimum depth outside and is in a duct which is sealed ( normally at both ends but certainly inside ).

Where water pipes pass internally they should be inspectable but that can be by placing them in a duct from which they can be withdrawn.

Normally the water supplier should inspect the pipework BEFORE it is covered up!

I would never install a new water supply at just 15 mm diameter!

Tony

Hi Tony I think I've confused you slightly.

I'm not sure what you mean by never install a 15mm pipe??

It's not a new water supply it's all existing.

Why would you need more than 15mm for a kitchen sink?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back