Steel gas supply pipe through wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, my first post!
I've been reading about copper pipe needing to be sleeved when going through a wall which i understand but i have noticed that the steel gas supply pipe that comes through the wall to feed the internal gas meter is only sleeved with a yellow plastic material.
It seems that there is no space around the sleeve, ie: the yellow sleeve is tight on the steel pipe. The hole in the wall is also not much bigger than the yellow sleeve either.
Does anyone know if this sounds right as my concern is movement causing a problem or is this the normal way it is done by transco or whoever installed the gas meter?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the speedy answer, that is what i was thinking.
So as it's their responsibility they cannot charge me to rectify the problem if there is one, is that correct?
I'm also thinking it would be easier for them to put the meter outside, which would also suit me better.......don't fancy my chances getting that done for nothing though!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back