Cleaning Aspestos tiles.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a house roof which is a Cement / Aspestos based mix.

The roof currently has a fair amount of moss and generally doesn't look great however the tiles seem to be in good enough order and there's no leaks etc with the roof so I don't really want to replace.

How would I go about Cleaning the roof ?

Would a power Hose be suitable ? I've read some reports about people saying you shouldn't use one however there's not been any alternative listed.

Also I've heard you can get the tiles painted after the have been cleaned ? Anyone any experiance of that and how hard it would be to do ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi
If you went up there with a power hose you could actually end up causing damage. Your best bet would be to go up there with just a brush and try and brush the moss off, as for painting the tiles honestly it looks crap

There are dozens of threads in the archives regarding roof painting! suggest you read them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back