Cleaning pebbledash

D

DonSolaris

I have very old bare pebbledash that has seen better days and is dirty. The cement is brittle in some places, sounds hollow when you tap it in others, and a lot of the chippings have been knocked off by the weather over the years. Ideally I'd love to have it removed but can't afford that at the moment.

So, is there any easy way to clean it? It's particularly dirty under the upstairs windows, where I suppose the rain runs off the sills, channelling dirt with it. I can't use stiff brushes, power washers or anything like that because the rest of the chippings will fall off, so is there anything I can do? Or even any decorating tricks to make it look less bad? Painting's not an option because it's too big a job for me, and it would have to be cleaned first!

And maybe this is the wrong forum, but is there any going rate for having pebbledash removed from all around a two-floor house?

Sponsored Links
Painting has to be the best for sealing & stabilising the loose chips/pebbles
Weathershield or Stronghold smooth masonry paint ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back