Repainting External Pebbledashed Wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have seen some other posts on pebbledash painting but didn't want to hijack them - so posted this one instead.

I have some external walls which are pebbledashed and the previous owners of the house painted a few years ago so about time I got round to doing it. In terms of how I go about it I have a number of questions which any input on would be appreciated.

Firstly I note that a pebbledashed wall in a raw state should be power washed before painting. Will this apply to a painted pebbledashed one as well. Little bit concerned that it could blast it off the wall as I note when cleaning the patio I occasionally lose some of the mortar. Is this likely to happen?

Secondly, there are a few rust spots on the wall - which I presume have come from fixings on the wall which have rusted and effectively bled through the paint. Will I need to do anything on these to stop them from reappearing.

Thirdly does anybody have any experience of using the Dulux Backpack paintpod system. Quite like the idea of it - assume it will cost more to paint using it - but hoping the convenience of it will make up for the extra cost.

Thanks.

srj321

Sponsored Links
Firstly I note that a pebbledashed wall in a raw state should be power washed before painting. Will this apply to a painted pebbledashed one as well.

Only if its dirty or the paint has started to go chalky

Is this likely to happen?

Impossible to say..depends on how well stuck the paint is to the pebbledash and how powerful your jet washer is

Secondly, there are a few rust spots on the wall - which I presume have come from fixings on the wall which have rusted and effectively bled through the paint. Will I need to do anything on these to stop them from reappearing.

Wire brush them to remove what staining you can and touch them up with an oil based preimer or undercoat

Thirdly does anybody have any experience of using the Dulux Backpack paintpod system. Quite like the idea of it - assume it will cost more to paint using it - but hoping the convenience of it will make up for the extra cost.

Two words......forget it![/quote]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back