Cleaning Strainer - Santon 210 Unvented Mains Pressure Water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So, after losing hot water pressure to my kitchen and 2nd shower I decided to look into why and all signs point to the strainer being blocked.

After checking out the Installation and Servicing Instructions and getting a plumbing friendly acquaintance around (ie, someone who has already done the job himself) we've come to a standstill. The booklet says to turn off the cold water supply, boiler and immersion heaters and then run the lowest hot water tap dry so as to de-pressurise the system. This has been done - ran hot and cold water dry on all taps. Then it's saying to Unscrew the cap from the Pressure Reducing Valve to access the strainer mesh. This is the bit we're both stumbling on.

Whilst the cap does indeed rotate there appears to be some sort of safety lock on it as it just clicks (like a tamper-proof medicine bottle) when turned. There is an arrow pointing up on the side and it appears that the very top of the cap appears to turn independently but there isn't another arrow to line up and it doesn't seem to move more than 1cm in either direction c/w or anti-c/w.

If only I could get this cap off and clean the strainer. Can anyone help?

Thanks for reading.

Jay

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back