Clearance Between Electric and gas Supplies

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am running a 45 Amp cooker supply under the floorboards. I am planning to run it parallel with the Gas pipe from the meter to the kitchen.

Is there any required clearance from gas pipework to any mains supply wiring? Anybody know?

Len

Sponsored Links
As far as I am aware there are no electrical regulations regarding proximity to gas pipes, but I seem to remember a gas fitter who wouldn't / couldn't install his pipes within 300mm? of any electrical cables.

Always thought in this case no regs,but common sense prevails.....untill last week when i was informed 75mm was the magic number...by a course tutor!! :?:

Sponsored Links
I was told last week that electric cables couldn't be within 25 mm of a gas pipe. I think it is because gas fitters are so stupid they don't look before turning on the soldering torch :LOL:

25mm doesn't seem much. Them plumbers can burn a cable from 15 yds away :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back