Electric oven clearances

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
Does anybody know the minimum clearances from kitchen cupboards when installing a free standing electric cooker. I need to know the clearance to the sides and above. Thanks

Sponsored Links
clearances will be decided and dictated by each individual manufacturer.. please refer to the manual supplied with your cooker or the information available on the manufactureres website..

Didn't think there was normally a requirement for side clearance, with cookers normally being fitted right up to adjacent cabinetry.

Hi all
Does anybody know the minimum clearances from kitchen cupboards when installing a free standing electric cooker. I need to know the clearance to the sides and above. Thanks

In replying I am assumming that this cooker does not have an eyelevel grill, and the pan base / supports are at worktop height, in which case a standard 600mm bridgeing Cupboard / unit these are normally used so extraction units can be fiited beneath them should suffice with or without extractor, The height between worktop & standard wall cupboard in old money is approx 18" (inches) give or take a little depending on tile sizes Etc.
Hope this has been of some help That is my lunch over. C-ya
waveydavey

Sponsored Links
Hi all

In replying I am assumming that this cooker does not have an eyelevel grill, and the pan base / supports are at worktop height, in which case a standard 600mm bridgeing Cupboard / unit these are normally used so extraction units can be fiited beneath them should suffice with or without extractor, The height between worktop & standard wall cupboard in old money is approx 18" (inches) give or take a little depending on tile sizes Etc.
Hope this has been of some help That is my lunch over. C-ya
waveydavey

oops Side clearance can be as small 15mm (1/2") proving the ends of your worktops are trimmed with metal edgings, you know the ones we used to finnish off worktop edges with. A little more would be required for gas cookers.
I must add These are not quotes just tolerances we work too.

It will be dependant on the manufacture, you need to read the instructions.
But saying that, if you want the cooker up touching then you could put aluminum foil on the side of the cabinet. As there is a minium surface temperature allowed you SHOULD not have a fire risk.
Remeber if you have any spillage you will need to pull the cooker out & even if you dont have boil overs, you will need to clear the cooker on a regular basis.
I would stick to about 5mm clearance either side

Thanks for your replies guys. The reason I ask this question is because I have just had a kitchen fitted with a space of 505mm left between the base units. The adjacent wall units only have a space of 450mm between them, which means that they would slightly overhang the cooker. The cooker to be fitted is a free standing (Without eye level grill) one and not yet purchased, hence there is no instructions. I am keen to get an answer as I want the cupboards moved if they are in the wrong place before I settle the bill with the fitter. Thanks again

I think have 500mm cooker is 495.
Why not sort out the cooker you want & then check the install manual.
It will state the gap required.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back