ceiling clearance for downlights

Reaction score
Country
Colombia
I am putting up a false ceiling in my bathroom to conceal pipes and electrics and plan to fit 3 downlights. Before i go and buy the materials what clearance can I get away with above the lights? I'm in a flat and the existing ceiling and floors being solid concrete hence the plan.
I'm not overly bothered about the exact lights so if you know some that need less clearance than others that would be most helpful.
thanks in advance
mick

Sponsored Links
Also consult the WIKI re bathroom zones. Only certain types of lights are allowed in bathrooms and the type will depend on your new ceiling height.
Don't forget to contact your local authority before starting electrical work in a bathroom.

ok i'll rephrase the question if it wasnt clear....
Does anyone know a make/brand of downlight(suitable for a bathroom) that has a small clearance or is there a fairly standard clearance that will suit the majority of lights. I've looked at spec online and they don't give the clearance in the spec, hence the question.

Sponsored Links
Does anyone know a make/brand of downlight(suitable for a bathroom) that has a small clearance.
Yup.

Any which are not recessed into the ceiling.

They'll work much better as well - you'll probably find that you only need ⅓ the number of fittings....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back