Clearance of Gas Hob to adjacent walls

CIT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to install a gas hob in a disused chimney recess. The instructions for the hob I'm thinking of states "It is permissible to install the appliance next to a kitchen cabinet extending above the worktop on one side only, either to the right or left. Any adjacent cabinet must be no less than 50mm from the edge of the hob".

In my case I plan to have about 225mm clearance on either side to the adjacent walls which will be tiled. So is the instruction about a cabinet on one side only something to do with flammability of the adjacent surface which in my case is not applicable, or is it related to air flow considerations when mounting in a recess, or working space to place pots and pans when not on the hob, or something else? I have seen similar instructions for other hobs which say can have small gap on one side only, but then typically 400mm - 500mm minimum on the other side.

Just for clarity, I'm only doing the planning, I will get a registered installer to do the installation work!

Anyone help with this please, thanks

Sponsored Links
The gaps are related to combustible materials, you should have no issues with a 225mm gap either side if the materials are non-combustible.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back