Unusual Ventilation Requirements for Hotpoint Gas Hob GF640

Sponsored Links
sounds like someone is trying to keep the sparks in business by insisting domestic cookers are installed to commercial specs

might just be easier to take it back to the shop and get another make!!! lol
I would do just that except that I have a hole in my worktop, cut by the joiner before the gasman got here. If I have to get another hob I hope that it will fit OK. I guess they all need about the same size hole.....

I've just e-mailed Hotpoint, now, about their instructions. I'll give them a few days to provide an answer before I take it up with my supplier (B&Q) who sub-contracted the gasman. Both B&Q and the gasman have been really good so far with organising the job, so I am quite confident that this will work out to my satisfaction in the end. It is fortunate that the hob is only a small part of a large renovation project of a house that is currently empty.

I'll keep you all up to date.

there should be some that are close to the dimentions of the one you have but I am sure that you will get a reply from hotpoint.

In the mean time get round to blacks for a cheap camping stove! :D

Sponsored Links
Hotpoint have added this because they now manufacture a extractor fan that automatically switches on when sensing heat for domestic kitchens. It doesnt have interlocks or any special wiring requirements it just fits as standard to a fuse spur.

Theres nothing like making sure you have to fit their extractors for their hobs. :evil:

Looks like I have a similar issue although my cooker is older and in a room that has an extractor fan to the outside world but no opening window to the great outdoors. British Gas have labelled the cooker as 'At Risk' which leaves me with the challenge of getting a new fan which can be interlocked (or buying an electric cooker) What I've found so far is something from Intelligas and a product from Ventam.My kitchen is small - approx 2x4x2.4M (and my cooker does not have 'flame supervision')
Has anyone found a domestic interlocking fan system that they would recommend?

I know i'm a little behind the dates on this, but i've just gone to fit this hob in my house, and am very confused about the requirements.

I agree with the other posts that a overhead extract cannot be switched on as there is no switched live output from the hob.

Also agree that the ventilation requirement is very high, 100cm2 only required by BS 5440 pt 2 in rooms of volume less than 5m2.

Also if you read further on, there is mention of clearances for adjacent cabinets, which contradict themselves and even mention a height so a lid can be raised. My hob has no lid, so what exactly am i following?

Will be calling hotpoint tomorrow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back