Click clack bath plug not retaining water..

Joined
1 Feb 2021
Messages
13
Reaction score
1
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I've just moved home and the bath tub in my new house is not retaining water.

I've not had a "click-clack" style plug before so I'm not sure what the obvious signs of malfunction are (apart from the fact that the bath drains while I'm laying in it...).

To me it looks like it pops up a little too far even when it's closed, but maybe that's normal? Certainly when I push it down and hold it in place the water stays put.

Any other reasons it might not be retaining water? I've replaced the silicone seal. I wonder if the new seal might be a little small, but it's pretty much the same size as the old one, that had gone a little stiff and brittle.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'd love to fix this myself. Many thanks!
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20261004_163627459.MP.jpg
    PXL_20261004_163627459.MP.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 2
  • PXL_20261004_163635152.MP.jpg
    PXL_20261004_163635152.MP.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 2
  • PXL_20261004_163637979.MP.jpg
    PXL_20261004_163637979.MP.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 2
  • PXL_20261005_133458563.MP.jpg
    PXL_20261005_133458563.MP.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 2
  • PXL_20261005_133506054.MP.jpg
    PXL_20261005_133506054.MP.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 2

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.


Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

 
Back
Top