Climate change - again

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Will one of the clever scientists that said we would be enjoying meditteranian weather in 2010 please stand up and admit that they cocked up. It is pretty obvious that reducing carbon has had the opposite effect than predicted-no global warming just cold and wet. Even the weather forecast now agrees that our lousy weather is caused by the jet stream pushing South, but no one in power asks why- what the hell is going on in the Arctic regions to cause this. I suspect Russia and the USA are causing havock searchong for oil and gas.

Sponsored Links
we dont control the weather.

Even if we did something drastic today, such as cutting our carbon emmisions worldwide to zero overnight, it would take 10-20 years for the effects to be seen.

But dont forget our atmosphere is only a few miles thick - like a sheet of paper wrapped around a football. ;)

Climate change is nothing new, it has been going on for billions of years. The only difference now is Governments have found a way to make money from it, just another stealth tax.

Climate change is nothing new, it has been going on for billions of years. The only difference now is Governments have found a way to make money from it, just another stealth tax.

Why do you think that Governments keep your money? It's YOUR money they spend wherever it comes from. If they don't tax in one area they'll tax in another.

Sponsored Links
A bit harsh. However, my problem is the money spent on committees etc etc in the name of tackling global warming, whereas if this wasn't used in this way (and I doubt that any specific "green tax" will ever be fully hypothecated), then it may be possible to reduce our burden of tax and allow people to have more cash to spend on improving their energy efficiencies, to the advantage of small tradesmen who don't have to finance a big admin staff to manage government contracts.

Thus monies would be returned to the economy in an equally efficient way through subsequent taxation, unemployment would decline and everyone's a winner, apart from the bureaucrats.

Our UK weather has always been somewhat unpredictable, but only now it will be even more so.
Yes the government seize the chance to create new methods to tax us based on this scary new piece of news!
Forget about terrorism or swine flu, the weather will crush us like ants at the drop of a hat! :cry:
At least when all infrastructure and rule has gone, there will be no TAX in our state of chaos.

This US and THEM with THEM pinching our money and pocketing it is juvenile.

Mike2007";p="1278486 said:
Our UK weather has always been somewhat unpredictable, but only now it will be even more so.
quote]

if it's hot -it's global warming
If it's cold-it's global warming
If it's windy -it's global warming
If it's still-it's global warming
if it rains-it's global warming
if it doesn't rain-it's global warming

(repeat till every weather event-or not- is covered...)

I think that you have all overlooked the fact that our excessive consumption of fossil fuels has caused sunspots and thus cooled and simultaneously warmed the sun in spots, which has caused global warming :rolleyes:

We have all been put on a guilt trip, and are being made to pay for something that is a natural process anyway.
The earth is changing of that there is no doubt, it's magnetic field could possibly flip pretty soon according to some scientists.
If and when this happens, we could well see a reversal of the current global warming trend, and suffer another ice age, till the process happens again, sometime in the distant future.
In the scheme of things a human lifetime is but a few seconds, compared to the evolution of the earth.

Wotan

We have all been put on a guilt trip, and are being made to pay for something that is a natural process anyway.
The earth is changing of that there is no doubt, it's magnetic field could possibly flip pretty soon according to some scientists.
If and when this happens, we could well see a reversal of the current global warming trend, and suffer another ice age, till the process happens again, sometime in the distant future.
In the scheme of things a human lifetime is but a few seconds, compared to the evolution of the earth.

Wotan
True, but that still doesn't change the fact that I'm very wet and cold now!!

not at all . its pure coincedence.. like that mp who made the factory wot decomissions all the flourecent/ energy type bulbs . .... la la la.. ;)

Wotan

spot on mate this is what I believe caused the extinction of the dinosaurs (the loss of magnetic field for a few thousand yrs while its flipping) as earths magnetic field offers protection from harmful radiation the question is whats going to protect us when it happens again?I also believe this is whats causing the phenomenon iof the bermuda triangle ie earths magnetic field is starting to flip
matt

Sponsored Links