Climber

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking for a nice flowering climber plant to spread across my dividing fence (it's only about 9ft by 3 ft). I'm after one that doesn't require much watering neither and only gets partial sunlight.

Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
If you want quick results try a Montana Clematis - grows fast enough to cover and provide privacy/screening but is still controllable and produces loads of flowers in summer.

If planinting in the ground I would suggest digging a big hole and lining with weed control fabric or burying a big pot - the roots spread as much as the bit above.

Forgot to mention - it's not evergreen so you may want to put in another climber that is in addition.

the instructions on it will probably tell you to cut the clematis back to 15" above the ground - if you do you won't get any flowers as it flowers from last year's growth!

Sponsored Links
I hate clematis for their nasty way of tangling into anything and everything and also that they look awful in winter. English ivy or if you dont mind training they good pyracantha are lovely berries at christmas, flowers in spring. and all year coverage.

the instructions on it will probably tell you to cut the clematis back to 15" above the ground - if you do you won't get any flowers as it flowers from last year's growth!

What do you mean by that Chud? So when do I need to cut it back and to what level?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back