Clio disc removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to remove Clio 1.2 '03 reg. front discs, are the calipers held by 18mm bolts?

Sponsored Links
Those bolts will be holding the caliper bracket onto the hub, yes?
I believe that is indeed the size. They will be tight due to the locking compound used - if you heat the bolt up, they come out much more easily.
John :)

I had a 18mm ring spanner and removed bolts ok,but now have managed to break torx bit in countersunk bolt holding disc to hub.

If you're going to replace the old discs and can't remove the little retaining bolts, just bash the didc off with the bolts in place. Once you get the disc off, you might be able to remove the bolts. If not just grind them down, the wheels will hold the discs in place.

Sponsored Links
How would you bash them off Stivino (just curious) do you mean literally with a hammer like? Are they brittle?

They'll bash off with a hammer easily enough. Just don't be too hashy, you want to drive them past the screw, not chip bits off the edge. It's only a little screw head holding them on, the head of it will come off. Sometimes, if your Allen key/torx bit is slipping, you can loosen them by tapping them round with a centre punch to loosen the screw, but it's not worth the hassle.

Back