clio reverse lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have just purchased an m reg clio beebop but do not have reverse lights, i have checked all fuses and there is power going to lights (checked with tester). what is my next move please ???? thanx

Sponsored Links
already checked.
someone told me to check fitting on gearbox but dont know how to tell if its broke

Power going to lights only when reverse is engaged, and bulbs ok? Dodgy earth is likely.

Sponsored Links
It's an electrical switch, When you select reverse a contact is made.
You can test with a wire and a bulb to see if there is a circuit.
If not just get a new switch from the Reno garage

If you mean you've checked it with a multimeter you should be able to do the same on the gearbox. Take off the 2 wires or plug, select a position on your multimeter which registers when you touch the probes together, put car in reverse and put the probes across the terminals on the sender, the multi meter should register, if it doesn't, take the sender out and try it on the bench, using the same method. If it now works put it back and forget about the reversing lights. :(

I am presuming you have checked all the earth's and there are no other problems with the back lights.

If there is power at the lights (and I assume the poster means power at the reversing lights) then surely it cannot be the switch on the gearbox - or am I just simple?? Does this then not suggest either the bulbs or the earth is at fault?

mart104 said:
there is power going to lights (checked with tester). what is my next move please ???? thanx

Sorry, I didn't read it properly.You are quite right in thinking it is not the switch. If it is both lights then the problem will most likely be the earth. Try running a wire from the earth side of the bulb holder to a good known earth.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Sponsored Links
Back