Clipping Plastic Pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.
I'm fitting new radiators opposite to where the existing radiators are in two first floor bedrooms. I plan to run 15mm plastic pipe along the existing notches (where the boards have already been lifted to fit the existing rads) then I can run along the joists to the new location opposite (where boards have recently been lifted for a rewire).
My question is do I need to lift 1-2 additional boards in the middle of the rooms to clip the pipe to the joists or can the pipe just be laid in the floor?

Sponsored Links
I lifted a few boards in the end and could clip at regular intervals for the entire runs. Took a while tho....

Sponsored Links
Cheers. That's pretty much what I did.

I used Talon hinged pipe clips, I assume these are ok for plastic pipe? I bloody hope so! JG do their own, they look identical to the Talon ones.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 457
Wow... Colour coded clips and spacers - very neat and thorough :D.
N.B: The photo looks like ground floor, if so, you might want to insulate the pipes with foam or felt!

Yes ground floor. I'll insulate when all finished and its (hopefully) up and running...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back