Plastic Pipe Runs?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am about to start fitting a toilet and hand basin in a loft conversion.

The pipework enters the loft space in the eaves in the form of hot and cold 15mm plastic pipe capped tails. I need to extend these to the opposite side of the house under the floor of the loft conversion into the loft space on the other side.

Is it acceptable to thread the pipes under the floor between the joists without using pipeclips, or will I have to take the flooring up and clip the pipes in place?

Regards,

Jon

Sponsored Links
You don't have to clip the pipes Jon, but you do run the risk of them knocking when the water is turned off at the taps.....even plastic pipe does this to some degree.
You can minimise this to some degree by slipping foam insulation over the pipes as you install them though.
John :)

Hi,

Thanks, I have some insulation kicking around so will use that.

Will probably have a lot of questions over the next few months.

Thanks again.

Jon

it's best to insulate all water pipes (hot and cold) by the way, it keeps the hot water hot and the cold water cold, it's obvious but lots of people don't seem to think about that when they're running pipes :confused:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back