Clive James

B

Big Tone

I woke this morning to my clock radio set to Radio 4, as I do every morning, and was saddened to hear that Clive was in such a poor state of health. :(

He's a man I have not so much followed over his career, but was always 'there' and any program he fronted or interview I saw him in was never dull. I'd never really thought of him other than a TV presenter if I'm honest, but he is so much more.

As I listened to his fate this morning, he recited a poem which I thought was just lovely, and I understood the sentiment in a way which was meaningful to me. More so because to hear him say it, rather than read it, I could feel his heart bleeding in a very tangible way.

I hope you enjoy it as I did. It also makes a welcome change. for me at least, not to be a part of bickering here. It should ideally be read in a quiet room, on your own with thoughts of peace and love. (And to you Charnwood).

Sentenced to Life

Sponsored Links
I like Clive James, whilst not a poetry appreciator I sincerely hope he makes it back to see his birth country for a final time.

Me too Eddie, but it's not going to happen. In his current state they would need Oxygen tanks etc. which wouldn't be taken on a Plane. His attitude towards it all is admirable! He described his situation as "being in the Departure Lounge" :LOL:

What a funny and, sadly, great description - and what a man! But where there's life there's hope; he's still fighting and I hope he can feel the love from all the well wishers...

Me too Eddie, but it's not going to happen. In his current state they would need Oxygen tanks etc. which wouldn't be taken on a Plane.

My now deceased Father in law was brought back from Spain, using Oxygen bottles.
This was done on a regular flight, approximately 4 years ago.

I'm sure Clive James could afford the costs involved.

Sponsored Links
Oh right, thanks Trazor. I actually got told that news today by a work friend, but maybe there's more to it. I'm sure money is no issue. I haven't had a chance to read the papers today...

It is sad. It is rare to find someone who is clever, articulate, well read and witty. I suppose Barry Norman is the closest I can think of, but not so learned. I like his sanguine attitude to his fate, seeing the good side.

just in from the boozer,and read this.makes you think doesnt it
on the way into the pub young stephens cortage passed, driven by 4 lovely white horses on his way to lichfield cathedral
pleased to say everyone on the street stopped and paid their respects
could have heard a pin drop

Sponsored Links
Back