Cloak project

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Er indoors has had a moan and come up with the idea of a downstairs loo (and basin).
Dont want a saniflow job.

outside wall is there for the asking.

Soil pipe from upstairs bathroom is about 10mts away on the same side of the house but with the side door exit of the house between soil pipe and proposed place where new toilet would meet outside wall.

So far my total ignorance makes me think things are simple.
get 4" soil pipe from new looo to existing soil pipe ensuring relevant fall of 40:1(or so) get cold supply to said cloak area and attach bog and basin and never again do I have to wait for the ladies of the house.

somehow I know things aint that simple it smacks of jump in a plane and fly it.
I would love some advice.
I am quite handy and have installed a bathroom before (replaced like for like) fitted the odd kitchen and sink that kind of thing..

Do I just forge ahead? Do I need building/council permission?, do I say it's been there 20 years? Do I call a builder and/or a plumber to do the job?
Help and advice most welcome.
Thanx

Sponsored Links
Think the distance and side exit has scuppered your plans for an outside mounted pipe. :(

You will have to join existing underground drainage which will need BCO approval.

I would ask a builder to quote you.

Expect at least £500 bill :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back