Cloakroom Sink Hollow wall fixings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem fixing my small 35x28cm cloakroom sink to my hollow wall in the cloakroom, these sinks come with a concealed fixing for a brick or masonyry wall. Unfortunately builders these days like to use hollow walls so the alternatives to fixing this to the wall are very limited!
- I have to have a hexagonal head behind the basin as screwdriver access is impossible
- I cannot find a machine screw to fit a toggle bolt as that may be sufficient?
- I cannot find a suitable hollow wall plug that would give me enough strength or can fit in a hexagonal headed screw of some kind.

I cannot believe no one has not had this problem before in a modern house? I am under the impression from merchants that they dont, or just stick it up with no-nails adhesive or silicon?? well I like to to a good job, so can anyone offer some experience of advice as I have a sink that is only good for the trash can.

P.s. the only other solution offered was to rip down the wall and add an extra stud partition supports, this is not really a viable option as a lot opf replumbing would be required and also the board is not a standard size depth.

Thanks if you can help.

Sponsored Links
Unless you change the sink to a pedestal type which will take the weight from the floor or a base unit.

Or cut a narrow section of the plasterboard and put in a noggins so the basin will hide it.

spring toggles are available in 5 or 6 mm size

hex set screws are easily available in these sizes - try a engineers merchants

Sponsored Links
hex headed 6mm bolts come in a variety of lengths,not sure on the weight isuue though with the spring toggles but people do hang kitchen cupboards on these bad boys

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back