Clock for Economy 7 meter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a digital Economy 7 meter - upper reading = low units, lower reading = normal units.

Theres's an old fashioned-looking timer fitted next to and wired into it, which has on-off tabs on it.

It is not working and stopped a about 7am. Does this mean all my units will be day-rate or is this clock superfluous, even though still connected?
Thanks for any help.
Rod

Sponsored Links
You're in a win-win situation, grandad.

The timer is used to tell the meter to read the low or the high rate. If it's stuck on the low rate, you win & the electric co will eventually realise there's a fault & rectify it. You pay for all at the low rate.

If it's stuck on the high rate, complain when you get your bill and negotiate the day/night ratio. You can't lose.

Had this recently with a customer - they send him an estimate bill based on previous ones for the time it was stuck on low rate.

They will probably fit a teleswitch to replace this timeclock when they call around. I would ring thiem if I was you!

Lectrician said:
Had this recently with a customer - they send him an estimate bill based on previous ones for the time it was stuck on low rate.
Don't estimated bills have to be eventually reconciled with actual meter readings?

Sponsored Links
We were told they would estimate the bill, and start from scratch.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back