Close Couple Plate -Ideal Standard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Hope someone can help me out here.

I just laid a new floor in the downstairs toilet, while I was doing this I decided to change the leaking (water constantly trickling into the pan) push cistern outlet valve. I managed to do this successfully apart from a leak now coming from the close couple plate.

I need to replace this now but am unable to find one after numerous searches on the internet.

The toilet make is Ideal Standard:
I need the Close Couple Plate
The sponge close couple washer

Diagram (Fig) 1a http://www.ideal-standard.co.uk/InstallationInstructions/4230 close coupled wc.pdf shows the exact part.

Does anyone know where I could get one of these from, I have tried my local plumb centre etc… but no ones seems to do them?

Any help would be really appreciated as the wife is on my back to finish the job!

Thanks in advance

Don.

PS. The plastic back nut also show in the diagrams is a fair size, is there a special spanner for this?
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
B&Q, Wickes etc do a universal plate, complete with doughnut washer - any good?
Some syphon units come with their own plastic spanner, but you can get by with some slip joint pliers.
John :)

Thanks for your reply.

I have had a look in most and they all stock, as you say, a universal plate however, this is the wrong size for I-S. I have one at home that I bought and its too small. This is proving to be a right royal pain in the b..

Thanks again.
Don.

Sponsored Links
The sponge looks a lot thicker but will give it a go.

Thanks very much for your help, never even gave toolstation a thought!

Cheers,

Don.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back