Arrgggggg!!! Ideal standard waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I am in the middle of putting in a new ideal standard bathroom suite. Everything is going ok ish !! but I am having a nightmare with the bath waste. Its the Ideal standard one that has the overflow built into it. Everything is attached as it should be BUT!! I have no idea what fits into the outlet Theres a 40mm section with what seems like a 50mm collar that goes over it but i can't find anything that attaches to it.

Heres a link to the pdf instructions for it.

http://www.ideal-standard.co.uk/InstallationInstructions/4719 Concept Rectangular Baths.pdf
Hope I've done the link right?
Please can someone help.
Thanks
Alan

Sponsored Links
Employ a plumber !!

Thats easier said than done.

No sane plumber would want to play with such an un-necessary overcomplicated piece of carp.

Cant honestly see it remaining leak for too long, then some mug has to try and fix or replace that monstrosity.

Sponsored Links
ok, i get the idea, but it isn't helping my cause, someone must be able to give me a way forward?

I take it that you can use a 40mm/50mm compression waste coupler then your 40mm/50mm waste pipe. :idea:

no, its asif some thing has to go inside the collar then over the 40mm. some one must have fitted one.
its a nightmare

Is the 50mm collar plastic or rubber ?
Does the 50mm collar have a seal on the inner end ?

Ok. IF you have seen the pdf you can see the whole thing page 8. the collar is plastic and clips onto the outlet (40mm) there are 2 rubber seals which go over the 40mm. like i said its asif something has to go into the 50 but then over the 40 and when the collar clicks in it seals it?[/img]

I've read that but don't state if it's plastic etc.
I see the two rubber o rings. but wondered if it had an inner seal on the other end.

Have you tried slipping a section of 40mm waste pipe into it ?

ok, just had tape measure out,
the collar is 50mm at the clip on end and 38mm at the other end. the end where you would insert the pipe.

I've tried a 40mm bend, on the end that has the 2 rubber rings and its loose implying that its not a 40?

is it possible that a 38 fits into one end of the 50 and butts up with the outlet and when the 50 clips into place it makes it water tight?

Well you can't go by a 40mm bend as thats bigger than a pipe as it slips over the top of a pipe.
Yes i would see how a pipe fits into the 50mm sleeve.
See if it's tight fit.
Has the end where the pipe enters got a seal on it internal ?

the only seals are the 2 you can see, everything else is solid plastic! A 40mm pipe doesn't fit through the back end of the 50mm but does fit into the other end (the ned that clips on) If you put a 40 agents the outlet it just butts up.
I just can't see what it needs?

ok, will try that 2mro. after a visit to B&Q. Fingers crossed it will work,
thanks for your help. I will let you know how I get on

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back