close coupled toilet, cistern and saniflo teething problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have today fitted a toilet into a loft conversion, so have used a saniflo to get round the waste pipe issue.

I have just tried a first test and have what i hope are just teething problems.

The cistern is not filling up, but the toilet is, in turn this is filling up the saniflo.
At this stage i have not turned on the power for the saniflo because i just wanted to fill the cistern and pan, I think that maybe the cistern innards are not set up right, they are the internal overflow type. When i did turn on the power it cleared the pan straight away

My main concern at this point is that it appears that water was coming out of the top of the saniflow, maybe this is a result of the cistern not being set upright.

Sponsored Links
water will come out of the saniflo if you don't have it turned on, keep it switched on. The filling of the cistern is not related to the saniflo in any way. How did the cistern fill in the first place? check the float is not stuck in the up position.

Jason

but if the toilet pan is filling up but the cistern is not then this indicates that the innards are not correctly seated in the cistern, allowing water to simply run into the pan all the time.

Is that what's happening?

If so, you have to turn off the water at the isolator on the pipe into the cistern (there IS one isn't there?), and re-assemble the innards properly.

Sponsored Links
sent again to correct some shocking spelling mistakes........

thanks for the responses so far.

It does appear that water is flowing straight into the pan, but it is not because the innards were not seated properly, they indeed are.

As far as assembly, there is none to do, the syphon is the "tower" type where a push on the top activates rather than a lever.

When it became evident that the water would keep flowing i turned off the supply at the "isolator" i cunningly installed.

I have investigated the syphon further and for some reason it is set in a permanently open position, i have adjusted the rods down the side and all is well.

Cheers all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back