Close Coupled Toilet Soil Pipework

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all,

I will be replacing my old 70's style S trap toilet with a more modern P trap version. As such I need to core drill to the outside and connect the soil pipework to the following:

Hu4eCMe.jpg

I am a little unsure of the best connection setup to use.

I have a push fit 90 degree bend, which I believe the hole in the wall will need to be big enough to take the wider rubber sealed end to minimise leakage at the join.

Do I use a straight of 110mm pipe to go through the hole in the wall, and do I need a pushfit flange on the inside for the toilet pan connector to push into or does it fit into the straight part and form its own seal?

Secondly how much of the pipe going through the wall do people leave proud on the bathroom side?
I couldn't find white so it sticks out a bit being grey.

Connector I am considering buying:
mi15z9Y.png

And lastly what is the best way to connect a double socket branch to the clay soil pipe?

P8OOy9l.jpg

The clay pip isn't large enough to take the branch directly so assume there is some form of adapter which is them mortared in?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
What's the internal diameter of the pipe in the ground ?
I assume the wc will be some where to the right of it ?
So ,elbow from the wall and straight pipe through to inside.
Horizontal length of pipe from elbow to branch. All you need then is the correct size of fitting to connect branch into soil pipe in the floor.

What's the internal diameter of the pipe in the ground ?
I assume the wc will be some where to the right of it ?
So ,elbow from the wall and straight pipe through to inside.
Horizontal length of pipe from elbow to branch. All you need then is the correct size of fitting to connect branch into soil pipe in the floor.
Thanks for the reply terry.

The clay pipe in the ground is 4 inch:

9g8SF9A.jpg

I assume there is some kind of flange / fitting which can be mortared into to clay pipe and take the branch but couldn't find anything on screwfix.

Regarding the straight pipe through the wall. I assume neither end need the rubber push fit flange on it? And how far do people usually protrude it into the bathroom side?

Sponsored Links
McAlpine DC1- BL ( black) or DC1-GR ( grey) ,goes into the 4 inch pipe,and your branch straight into its ring seal end.
You need to check there is enough fall from the elbow down to the branch. The position through the wall will determine the height difference.
How far into the room varies ,but around 6 inches is usually enough and can be cut back if need be with a fine toothed saw. The height is more important, too high is a problem !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back