Close up photo of PME service feed.

K

kai

Here is a close up photo of a domestic service feeder/service fuse with a PME/TNCS type earthing system - look closely and you can see the main earth emerge from the right hand side of the service fuse holder unit.

Perhaps someone can setup a gallery of different intake arrangements to help the less experienced users of the site. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
It is your link which is at fault.

The picture comes up and says "Direct linking not allowed"

Sponsored Links
It says "Direct linking not allowed", however if you copy and paste this link into another IE window it displays OK:
http://images1.fotopic.net/?iid=y6xd0n&outx=800&quality=70

What I would say is that just because the earthing conductr springs forth from the cut-out, does not mean is TN-C-S....

Courtesy of RF lighting, I have pictures showing a TN-S cut-out to a similar design.

If I can find the pictures, I'll post them. Unless Rob beats me to it, of course! ;)

Yeah, that's the one!

And here's your same cut-out with clothes on:

image11.gif

By contrast, here's a TN-S cut-out with clothes on:

image9.gif

And TN-S naked:

image10.gif

Often the only way to tell the difference externally between PME & this type of TN-S cut-out is that the split-con (three-conductor) cable is thicker than its equivalent straight-con (two-conductor) counterpart.

TT converted to PME:

image16.gif

Please note: Many thanks to RF Lighting, who supplied all images.

It says "Direct linking not allowed", however if you copy and paste this link into another IE window it displays OK:
http://images1.fotopic.net/?iid=y6xd0n&outx=800&quality=70
No.

If people posting here can't perform the courtesy of using image links that work, something that most people manage to do, then from my POV they get ignored.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back