Clumsy Fibre Install damaged wall

Not even trying. Any half decent openreach guy would have squirted the rest of the cartridge in there!

Sponsored Links
OP's pic looks about as good as the mess made by the Virgin Media "engineers" who butchered my last house a few years ago. No problem though: compared to the squiffy internal box they fitted, at least I didn't have to look at it every day. Where do they find these morons?

An update...
I did actually contact EE about this in the end as I needed to speak to them about some discrepancies with the bill.
They took it really seriously and forwarded it to Open Reach's insurers - a little bit extreme but there we go. The insurers have asked me to complete a form but it asks if I have already got quotes. I can't really go and get quotes for something like this as it is not the biggest disaster in the world, so I am not really sure what to go back to them with as this is not really something I would need to get a building company in to resolve. Just the cost of materials should do the job.

Just tell them no because local builders say it is too small a job for them to give a fair price.
They can't refuse to honour their agreement with EE because you can't get other quotes for a perfectly sound reason.

Sponsored Links
Why would you not call open reach to come back and sort it?
I did.

OpenReach fitted the external box before their appointment date; I complained in writing and they came back and refitted the external fibre where I wanted it.
My house has an Ant problem in the wall cavity where the existing copper cable goes through the wall - I've sealed the hole with silicon several times but the ants just dig it out every time. So the Fibre installation is moving the point of entry to the first floor.

Just stumbled across this thread.

Here’s the City Fibre effort:

DA0CCC2A-DE38-41E6-B006-CEAF51530A24.jpeg

Nowhere near as bad as the OP’s but hurting my OCD.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back