Clunking noise from guttering

K

Klaus_K

We've recently begun getting pestered by a loud 'clunking' noise coming from our guttering whenever the wind blows. We first thought it was something banging against the wall, or the gate rattling, but, after standing out in the freezing cold, I finally pinned it down to the guttering.

OK, so here's the question: how do I stop it? I really don't want to replace it, since it does the job it's meant to do, but the noise is really getting a nuisance, esp. at night! :mad:

Any suggestions most appreciated!

Sponsored Links
If u have a ladder,just get up there and check that the gutter clips are all screwed in and secure.The only way a gutter could bang is if it was hanging off the fascia also check the the down pipe clips.

OK, so here's the question: how do I stop it? I really don't want to replace it, since it does the job it's meant to do, but the noise is really getting a nuisance, esp. at night! :mad:

Any suggestions most appreciated!

do you have plastic, extruded aluminium or cast iron guttering?

do you have rise and fall knock-in brackets?

JPGU.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back