co alarms

RMS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, does anyone know of any carbon monoxide detectors that do not stand out like a sore thumb, unlike the ones i often have to install at work.

Need one for home you see and there not the sort of thing you can hide in the corner or behind a cabinet like a socket.

ant help appreciated thanks

RMS

Sponsored Links
Hi RMS,

Not sure if this fits the bill

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Security_Menu_Index/Fire_and_Smoke/Kidde_COSM/index.html

KDCOSM.JPG

Its a combined unit, but pretty low profile and no worse than a smoke alarm - was looking at one recently for my Mother's house.

I've also seen a little pellet on a card detector that supposedly changes colour when it detects, my father has one stuck to the wall beside his gas fire - though that may not be accurate enough for your needs?

Regards

Gavin

pcboffinuk, thanks for your reply, this looks pretty neat but looking for a mains powered unit. (i should have stated).

Ive got a mains powered unit but it would be a bit of an eye saw on show in my living room. Would like to be able to mount it about 100mm above floor level next to the tv adjacent the fire but the installation instructions recommend ceiling mount or wall mounted not lower than any door or window.

Seems strange as i'm sure you cab buy plug in co units.

RMS

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back