coat hooks onto wall or wood?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have some old-style coat hooks which I plan to put up in my hallway. I was intending to screw onto the wall. However, I notice that most places that have such hooks have them on a piece of wood which goes onto the wall. Is there a reason to do it this way, or is it just that they think it looks better?

The wall is painted, sound plaster over brick. A radiator was recently screwed onto the wall without any problem.

many thanks!

Sponsored Links
Generally it's a lot easier to fix the hooks to a batten and then fix the batten to the wall.
The hooks may only have a small screw hole meaning that only a thin screw can be used and also it is harder to get the correct alignment direct into masonry.

Generally it's a lot easier to fix the hooks to a batten and then fix the batten to the wall.
The hooks may only have a small screw hole meaning that only a thin screw can be used and also it is harder to get the correct alignment direct into masonry.

agreed, you can make a neater job of it as well
mypic_1270143990.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back