cobra scarifier S40c how to oil change

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
cobra scarifier S40c how to oil change ?

I can see the oil filler at the front of the machine, Can you just tip it forward to empty the oil ?

Sponsored Links
Hi John
Front and rear plugs have a dip stick attached.

No other plugs viable
John

Attachments

• Front plug.JPG
    Front plug.JPG
    232.2 KB · Views: 51
  • Rear plug.JPG
    Rear plug.JPG
    207.4 KB · Views: 52
Sponsored Links
These engines - like many others - fit onto a variety of machines. Therefore you may find two dipsticks which should sort all applications.
Indeed, sometimes the oil filler holes are much higher than the required oil level, just to confuse the issue more!
John :)

These engines - like many others - fit onto a variety of machines. Therefore you may find two dipsticks which should sort all applications.
Indeed, sometimes the oil filler holes are much higher than the required oil level, just to confuse the issue more!
Thanks.

The Filler front hole higher, That must be why the oil just pours out when you remove the front dip stick, I will measure what I put in as not to overfill.

Best not quote me on this one, but I'd say with the front plastic plug removed, oil should be added so any more just runs out - i.e the level is correct when the oil is level with the bottom of the thread.
This should coincide with the rear plug having a slightly longer dipstick......best to refer to a manual of course, if you have one.

The 10mm plug has a flange socket to large to fit a socket without removing the front tray.

So I resorted to using this below, it work a treat measure the oil that was suck out so I know there was none left in sump maybe some that did not drain to the bottom.

Next time I use it and it's hot I will try and release that nut.

ae235

screwfix , HiLKA PRO-CRAFT OIL SUCTION GUN 500CC (12527​

I agree, access is often tricky and you are often left with oil residue smeared over the machine by removing the drain plug.
I have a vacuum pump that works from my compressor and I tilt the machine so oil drains to the lowest point of the engine so I can get as much of the old oil out as possible.
You may find a 10mm combination spanner easier to use than a socket - use either a straight 30 grade lube or a 10/40 multigrade.
John

I agree, access is often tricky and you are often left with oil residue smeared over the machine by removing the drain plug.
I have a vacuum pump that works from my compressor and I tilt the machine so oil drains to the lowest point of the engine so I can get as much of the old oil out as possible.
You may find a 10mm combination spanner easier to use than a socket - use either a straight 30 grade lube or a 10/40 multigrade.
John
10/40 w put in, thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back