Cobra S40c Scarifier

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Cobra S40c Scarifier

Found a spring detached under air filter !

Unable to find a diagram Carburetor to show where the two springs would fit

Anybody with a Carburetor diagram showing spring fittings

Under Air filter I guess so next step to remove this, but would have liked some guidance before.

Thanks

Attachments

• Cobra.JPG
    Cobra.JPG
    287.6 KB · Views: 41
  • Cobra Spring 1.JPG
    Cobra Spring 1.JPG
    240.7 KB · Views: 31
  • Cobra spring 2.JPG
    Cobra spring 2.JPG
    218.9 KB · Views: 34
Sponsored Links
In the black bracket (middle photo), to the left of the spring's end, is a small, vacant hole - could that be where the end needs to be hooked into?

Harry’s right......see the rod above the spring? The end of the spring sits right alongside it, on the throttle butterfly- black plastic.
John

In the black bracket (middle photo), to the left of the spring's end, is a small, vacant hole - could that be where the end needs to be hooked into?
Thanks Harry, Must say the Cobra has been doing a great job on my very large lawns.

Sponsored Links
Spring put back in Black plastic hole , And scarifier would not run, looking closer the fine spring is sleeved in the thicker spring this must have been done at time of manufacturer and the fine spring never attached.

Removed it from black plastic swivel link and scarifier now will not run !!!!

Petrol is always filter before for filling tank so don't think its a petrol problem .

Any ideas what I should try next, Thanks for your help

Attachments

• Spring 1.JPG
    Spring 1.JPG
    216.2 KB · Views: 27
  • spring 2.JPG
    spring 2.JPG
    229.2 KB · Views: 24
I gather you have removed the spring so now we are back to where we were before, and the engine was performing well?
This has to be a coincidence I think.....take the spark plug out and crank the engine a few times to clear any excess fuel, and try again.
John

I gather you have removed the spring so now we are back to where we were before, and the engine was performing well?
This has to be a coincidence I think.....take the spark plug out and crank the engine a few times to clear any excess fuel, and try again.
John

I had put in new spark plug and oil few weeks ago ready for season.

It could be excessive petrol as I had the machine tilled back to see where to put the spring .
But as you say it ran OK before.

Looks like I have to remove both springs to separate them.
job for Easter

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back