Coca Cola, try to be less white

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Coca Cola's diversity training asked staff to try to be less white.
A whistleblower got the word out and coke were forced to retract.
People are saying "I don't know how to be less white, but I know how to drink less coke.

NINTCHDBPICT000637634342.jpg

Sponsored Links
To be less white is to:
- be less oppressive
be less arrogant
- be less certain
- be less defensive
- be less ignorant
- be more humble
- listen
- believe
- break with apathy - break with white solidarity

I'm going to give it a go and see how I get on...

Not that I don't believe you Sooey but that is not normal. I know there are lots of not normal people out there, but even the weired left must find this strange.

Sponsored Links
The course, called "Confornting Racism", was offered by LinkedIn, from an external provider of HR courses, and Coca Cola utilised that externally supplied course, from LinkedIn.
A CocaCola whistle blower alerted their employer and LinkedIn withdrew the course.

The person who posted the information on twitter describes themselves as one who wants to ban Critical Race Theory. The theory relies on the premise:
"First, that white supremacy exists and maintains power through the law
Second, that transforming the relationship between law and racial power, as well as achieving racial emancipation and anti-subordination more broadly, are possible"​
So the teaching on the course, which includes:
“In the U.S. and other Western nations, white people are socialized to feel that they are inherently superior because they are white,”​
is in line with that premise. In fact, according to Critical Race Theory, not only are white people taught that they are superior, but the Critical Race Theory suggests that the superiority is maintained through legislation.
Therefore, the following slide, which is the one that raised the concern, could also be considered in line with Critical Race Theory.

Additionally, a leading sociologist was featured in the slides without her knowledge or permission.

The questions, and the issue ought to have been, "Should Critical Race Theory have been the underlying premise on which the course material relies?", and, "Should institutions like CocaCola appraise themselves of such HR courses before utilising them?", and "Should training courses offered by HR training providers be properly vetted to avoid such intellectual infringements of experts' opinion?"
I would argue NO, YES and YES, respectively.

Black twinn sisters on London news yesterday. Dancers..
Pretty young girls who can dance....

Seems they have done well... they went on to say that they were told they would not make it because they are black and female. Now the last time I looked black people have a generous ability to move with an abundance of rhythm.

Who's telling these Talented young black girls not to bother because they are black and female... It won't be a white racist. More than likely to be another black person or a do gooder libby white lefty...

Watch it Bobby
In the first minute, he claims that CocaCola required its employees to 'watch'.
The course was a) not required and b) was a training course, not a video.
On those two factually incorrect comments in the first minute, I can't be bothered to watch the rest of the rubbish.
Additionally, his thought processes are too slow for my limited patience.

I

can

type

quicker

than

he

can string

incorrect

sentences

together.

Sponsored Links
Back