Coincidence

Sponsored Links
Does any one use 4321 as their pin, if so please let me have your long card number. oh don't forget to state the expiry date and the 3 digits on the back, Thanks much appreciated. :LOL:

just 1 in 10000

Nope it is actually 1 in 9999. As a scientist you should be more precise as 0000 is considered Nothing, you cannot have pin number 0000. :LOL:

Only if you can have a pin number 0000, then yes you are right.

Even if 0 0 0 0 was discounted (it isn't) then the different combos would be :-
9 x 9 x 9 x 9 = 6561
So 4 zeros equate to 3439 extra combinations... Hardly worthless ! ;)

-0-

Sponsored Links
Quite an interesting oversight, though I did not rule out 0 from total combinations except 0000, and not 0001 for example.

We know 0 is quite an important numeral, and is the beginning of everything,
e.g. we measure time for some event starting from 0, I suppose one could say mathematically that universe had a be beginning so it came from Nothing, mathematically correct but sure that is wrong as the universe time started from 0 when it came into being, before that time did not matter or did not exist, and time was infinite. But the Universe itself had to come from something, that is my opinion, not a proven fact, but it is highly likely something else that existed gave a rise to Universe through whatever means i.e. big bang or some other unknown phenomenon that we do not know.

Try writing ten as numbers without using a zero value digit

The Romans had a problem when writing a balance on a receipt if the balance was zero

XV - XV = ?

they didn't have a symbol that indicated zero so had to write the word zero ( nulla if I recall correctly )

I think it was the Arabs who discovered the usefulness of a symbol for no as in 203 Two Hundreds, No Tens and Three Units

Now what are the next Lottery Numbers ?

Do you think a lack of Zero played a part in the Decline of the Roman Empire, or just their cumbersome numerical system?

Do you think a lack of Zero played a part in the Decline of the Roman Empire, or just their cumbersome numerical system?
It had nothing to do with it.

It's decline was due to over indulgence in all things, the wealthy citizens lacked nothing.

The decline of the Roman Empire was inevitable. All major empires have collapsed after a time: nothing lasts for ever.

When an empire grows to a certain size, it becomes impossible to sustain indefinitely.

The European Union empire will go the same way but not until much damage has been done, especially to this country. Another failed experiment.

Just found out that if I add one 0 to Hundred thousand, I can get a Million, amazing! :LOL:

Hopefully I will go to my bank and deposit a 0 amount, and hopefully some silly bug in the computer would get confused as to why i am trying to deposit a 0 amount and add the 0 for me at the end and i should be able to draw a million pounds! worth a try :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back