Cold callers fined £350,000

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
Hooray!

"A company behind a record 146 million illegal calls about payment protection insurance has been fined £350,000.

People were left feeling harassed and threatened by the recorded - also known as automated - calls from Your Money Rights Ltd, based in Carmarthenshire.

The company broke the law by not having consent to contact people with automated marketing calls.

The
Information Commissioner's Office issued the fine after an investigation."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-west-wales-41283926

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
with a population off around 67million thats over 2 calls per person on average

with a population off around 67million that's over 2 calls per person on average

none for me because I use BT's free "BT Call Protect." I can't recommend it too highly.

Somebody else must have had an extra 2 to make up for it.

i pick up the phone and say "heeelllooo"
if no answer or an automated message i hang up
if its any body else i say "who is this"

if its not a known person i just say "please remove me from your database" nothing else
i get perhaps one or two calls every month on average

if you're on BT, try 1572. I had to phone as the online app didn't work.

Seriously.

They have a register of known scammers and send them straight to voicemail. You can add your own to your list. You can see which calls have been blocked and listen to messages.

i am with talk talk the only reason i get any spam calls as they are 90%"from your service provider talk talk" from when there database was hacked :D
used to get plenty in a week but found saying "please remove me from your database" works best

Sponsored Links
Back