Cold rad at end of line...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Seasons greeting s to all and expect you are pretty busy as the snow starts to fall!
Question: Two bed maisonnette on two floors with 9 rads. First floor 4 rads, second floor 4 rads plus one v.small one in ground floor entrance lobby. The second rad in lounge is the end of the line so to speak, the last rad along. It often fails to heat. It has a new TRV and if it stops, then by turning off the trvs on rads upstairs, it fires up again. Gets lovely and hot. I then go around and bleed out the air. There is quite a lot of air in rads upstairs in the two rads just before they link to this final one down below in lounge. I go around the 4 rads systematically and then start again and get a little more air out right after having just done it! Anything I should know about to cure this once and for all?
Thanks for any replies being in laymans terms for a non plumber. S

Sponsored Links
Have a look at the FAQ section on radiator balancing...this ensures that all rads get a fair share of heated water.
You shouldn't have to continuously bleed your rads.....if there is dirt in the system, it produces its own hydrogen gas and a good flush out is the cure for this one.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back