Cold rad conundrum

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi so we have an open vented central heating system with 18 rads. All was working fine. We recently chemically cleaned the system, added a magnaclean and flushed through a few rads. The system was drained and refilled a few times. After refilling the final time all rads were bled. However we have one rad that despite having a very hot feed pipe, the rad remains cold. Perhaps slight warmth at the very top but virtually cold. We've tried turning off the other rads to force the water through the cold one but this just causes the boiler to overheat. We've also tried completely balancing the whole system and still nothing. We know there's no sludge in this rad as it was one of the ones flushed and the water in the system itself is pretty clean now. I've tried playing around with the lockshield on the cold rad but nothing makes much difference.

Is there something I'm missing as the rad was previously getting v hot and I'm stumped.

Any help much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Isolate the rad, drain it then check you have good flow into a dish from both valves.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back