Cold Radiator and pipes to radiator

Sponsored Links
hi again, try it with a good adjustable spanner, and give it a bang with the palm of your hand in a anti clockwise direction, or somthing a bit "harder" if you dont want to hurt your hand, get a MAN to do it for you

Try checking the pump or have someone check it, normally more than one rad though... ;) could be a balancing problem though, try turning off or down all rads except this problem rad.

Sponsored Links
Thanks go to Bucks 51. I got an adjustable spanner, banged it a few times with my hand and finally managed to get it to turn. Lo and Behold I now have a hot radiator. Thanks for the help and advice. much appreciated. :D

that's a new one!! never knew banging an ajdustable would help open a nut/spindle/valve! Might have to try that in future if a tap headgear nut is stiff and won't budge! I suppose it shocks it out of position and loosens it?

Your more than wellcome thank for letting us know its sorted
Well you learn something new every day, dont you Liverpool Boy
I hope Goldspoon sees this!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back