Cold radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yesterday I replaced and moved a radiator with a new panel and TVR. Refilled and bled the system. System keeps pressure and all other panels in the house warm up as normal but new panel stays cold. Thought must still be air somewhere in new pipes so bled the new radiator again. The new extended piping started to get warm whilst rebleeding on the TVR side but the return piping stayed cold. I bled some more ( roping up supply to combi as required) but the new panel still didn’t warm up. I took the TVR head off so it defaults to open in case it was faulty. No change. When I shut off the bleeding the warm pipe to the TVR (input side) cools down. I am stumped! Can anybody suggest what may be wrong or how to fix this?

Sponsored Links
dont know what you have already tried but first attempt keep the new trv head removed,open the new lockshield valve fully. Then turn off all other radiators and run the system and see if it heats up.

:D

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back