Cold Radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I know this topic comes up regular but I've searched and am struggling to find an answer

I have a double panel radiator in my dining room which has always required some manipulation to get warm. Unfortunately whatever i do it won't warm up.

I've shut off all the rads upstairs except the bathroom which i hoped would force the water downstairs to the cold rad. Unfortunately this had no effect, i then closed other downstairs rads one by one (keeping the bathroom radiator open as it has no TRV) still no effect.

Has anyone any thoughts, i would have expected the water to be forced to the cold dining room rad not just circulate around the remaining 1/2 open radiators. No air in the rad and i have flow to it when i open the TRV.

TRV and Lockshield just replaced

Can someone help please

Sponsored Links
Completely turn off ALL the other radiators. Do either of the pipes on the cold one get warm?

Have you got a hot water cylinder? Is it surprisingly hot?

What type of system? Has it been balanced?

Sponsored Links
45 minutes is suprisingly long.

Isn't it faster if you turn off the bathroom rad?

Tell me about your cylinder.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back