Cold Rads

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What is wrong with my CH? When the CH is switched on - the boiler fires up and the pipes to the brink of the rads get warm - then after about 5mins the boiler switches itself down with no warmth to the rads. I've changed the pump which has resulted in the heat being pushed further along the system - with the old pump the heat bearly got out of the airing cupboard. The pump is brand new - the motorised value is 1yr old. What's wrong?

Sponsored Links
What's wrong with my car? The engine starts but after a few minutes it cuts out. It's got a new starter motor and the alternator is 1 year old. What's wrong?

Sponsored Links
Was the radiator or the heater matrix or the air con condenser removed :?: Is it a SKODA :LOL:

timmyP said:
What's wrong?
timmyP, what's wrong is that you haven't read the advice in the sticky topic listed in the PaCH forum index. This requests that you post information about your system before asking for a diagnosis.

Amongst the many ways in which your symptoms could be accounted for, one strong possibility is that yor system has accumulated sludge. This can wear out a pump, and even a new pump might do very little.

Did you flush out the system and add an inhibitor when refilling?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back