rad clicking when ch on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i happens on 2 rad 1 upstairs and 1 down.

1 down stairs is the loudest click, click, click (continuously) as the boiler is heating up and then stops and as the boiler heats ups again it starts. i have bled it but problem is still there.

upstairs rad is the same it was cold at the top but bled and now heats up it is extremely hot (as are all the rads) along with the click click click when heating comes on.

i have a 1yr old vakara combi boiler (the rads are old old old) the rads have new thermo valves on and still the old piping.

any reply would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
It's pipes sliding over wood, or the rads sliding over the brackets. You need to get some felt between the bits that touch. So up with the floorboards........ :(

Sponsored Links
Oilman`s dead right .......but try the brackets first with a drop of WD 40 on the contact between bkt.+rad..easier than boards ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back