Cold water is slow until hot tap is run

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi, if anyone could kindly give me some sort of answer i would be grateful. upstairs when i run the cold tap or flush toilets , the cold water its very slow until i run the hot tap, then the water pressure seems to be normal. Turning off the hot tap the cold water again returns to slow. Thank you if you have any ideas why

Sponsored Links
Check to see if the upstairs cold is tank fed, could be some sort of air lock or teed off the cold feed to the cylinder instead of tank

Check to see if the upstairs cold is tank fed, could be some sort of air lock or teed off the cold feed to the cylinder instead of tank

Yup, I'd be more likely to favour the latter.

You need someone in to trace the pipework and make sure it hasn't been crosslinked or incorrectly piped in someway

Sponsored Links
Ok guys, thank you very much for your help. Appreciate you time to help.This is something i will look into.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back