Cold water tank connection!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am installing a mixer shower and I am going to take the cold supply from the cold water tank in the attic. Have bought the 22mm tank connector, the pump and shower instruction recommends that this outlet is approx 60mm lower than the existing cold water outlet for the rest of the house, for safety.

The problem I have got is that the existing outlet is already very close to the bottom of the tank.

My question is, would it be ok for me to make the connection through the base of the tank so that I can achieve this 60mm difference in height.

I dont want to buy a new tank, because this bathroom project is slowly bleeding me dry as it is :D

Sponsored Links
Why not put the new connection 60mm above the existing & swap the pipes over, so the existing pipe is on the new connection leaving the old one at the bottom free for your shower.

Sponsored Links
It says that the new connection needs to be lower than the existing feed by 60mm so that if the mains supply should fail, and the cold water tank level drops, the hot water supply ceases first. If the cold water ceased first, the user of the shower could be scalded.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back